Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9. Day 9.


I love Whole Foods Salad and Soup Bar.

The thing about Whole Foods Salad and Soup Bar is that they are SO expensive. I mean, for what it is, it's expensive. For just a quick lunch on the go? It's expensive. I went there to grab lunch for W and me, thinking I'd get a salad to share and maybe a soup. I piled on the veggie goodness --beets, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, quinoa, cabbage, chives, garbanzos, olives, artichoke hearts! -- and got a small vegetable soup on the side. Oh, look! There's some fresh Korean Kimchee! I'll take a tiny container of that too!

By the time I checked out, it cost me $17.38 for those three items. $9.03 for the salad alone. For seventeen dollars at home, I can buy enough ingredients to make soup and salad for a week! And this was just one lunch! I feel like that's a little much for essentially a fast food lunch. Even though everything of course was delicious and fresh, it kinda makes me mad enough to stop going to Whole Foods. Granted, the salad was big enough for the two of us, but even when I buy salads for myself, they're still pretty spendy.

I really shouldn't be complaining. It's healthy food after all, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment