Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March 21. Day 21.

I didn't have time to eat breakfast this morning due to a very frustrating and unfortunate situation with Thrifty rental cars. Side note: NEVER in a million years rent a car from them.

At any rate, I was absolutely starving by the time I reached Portland, Maine. It was barely 10:30 but I was going to find and enjoy a nice big lunch somewhere in this funky little city I've never been before. I used my Yelp app to find vegetarian restaurants and The Green Elephant looked like the place to go. When I found it, the sign said "Open for lunch at 11:30." It was 10:57. Sigh. It was another vegetarian Chinese place, and I so wanted to make up for that misdirected ordering disaster at the last veggie Chinese place. Oh well. Portland looked like it was a hippie-ish enough town to find something else vegan, but I didn't have a lot of time to spare.

I drove around till I finally found something that was open -- Market Street Eats. All they had on their menu was wraps and salads. Sigh. I'm kinda getting sick of wraps and salads to tell you the truth; but what could I do? I was starving, and I had already paid the meter to stay here. Yippee. Let me just wallow here in my misery and try to get down yet another hummus and veggie wrap. I was already in a bad mood because of my horrendous rental car nightmare, and had to go deal with high school students in less than an hour; and all I really wanted to eat was something hot and spicy and sprinkled with soy sauce.

To be fair, if I wasn't feeling so cranky, I'm sure I would have been quite satisfied with this meal. The wrap was actually pretty good when I had the extra "hots" added to it. (Hot peppers.)



For dinner, Dad put together a red bell pepper gnocchi meal that he had picked up in Little Italy yesterday. It definitely made up for my lackluster lunch and helped cheer me up after a very stressful day. It's so nice to be home and have Mom and Dad take care of me again!

1 comment:

  1. i think that hummus veggie wrap that we had at "ri ra" in burlington was seriously the worst wrap i've ever eaten. yuck.

    ReplyDelete