Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 16. Day 16.

Every time I visit my schools in New York City I get to stay and visit with my friend RJN who I have known since high school. We've known each other since 1998 and I love her!

Tonight she took me and her mother to Toros Turkish and Mediterranean Cuisine. Last night, Indian and tonight, Turkish! This is totally working out perfectly!

Since all three of us are vegetarian/vegan we ordered a bunch of appetizer dishes for the whole table:

Coban Salad


This is one of my favorite things ever -- chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. They seasoned it with a light oil and herb dressing.

Red Lentil Soup


This lentil soup was the perfect spiciness with a hint of spearmint! That was an interesting taste to experience in soup, but it was quite delicious!


Hummus and Falafel



Classic fave. I eat hummus for pretty much every meal of the day.


Imam Bayildi (Stuffed Eggplant)



I had never had an eggplant prepared like this, but it was so good! It had lots of garlic in it, which I love love love.

So far my East Coast cities are treating me pretty well with the vegan foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment